Articles on this Page
- 11/19/18--10:11: _Warranty and Care P...
- 11/19/18--10:50: _au003tx bios passwo...
- 11/19/18--11:59: _Reset to factory se...
- 11/19/18--13:11: _HP ProtectSmart SP7...
- 11/19/18--15:03: _back lite for keyboard
- 11/19/18--16:34: _My HP laptop will o...
- 11/19/18--17:10: _shortcut/speed key ...
- 11/19/18--20:06: _Enable AHCI in HP P...
- 11/19/18--22:51: _Restart BIOS passwo...
- 11/20/18--00:38: _controller ide ata/...
- 11/20/18--00:40: _ORIGINAL SOFTWARE
- 11/20/18--01:54: _HP Hotkey UWP Service
- 11/20/18--03:16: _Is it possible to s...
- 11/20/18--05:57: _Getting Windows back
- 11/20/18--09:05: _Driver issue Port_#...
- 11/20/18--09:35: _Can this laptop dow...
- 11/20/18--12:25: _Laptop won't charge...
- 11/20/18--15:35: _Keyboard buttons no...
- 11/20/18--19:53: _Locked keyboard
- 11/20/18--20:47: _Deleting Previous V...
- 11/19/18--10:11: Warranty and Care Pack if bought from a retailer
- 11/19/18--10:50: au003tx bios password reset
- 11/19/18--11:59: Reset to factory setting
- 11/19/18--13:11: HP ProtectSmart SP71811 missing from FTP server
- 11/19/18--15:03: back lite for keyboard
- 11/19/18--16:34: My HP laptop will only burn CD-RW
- 11/19/18--17:10: shortcut/speed key to enter a text squence
- 11/19/18--20:06: Enable AHCI in HP Pavilion 15-ab004la
- 11/19/18--22:51: Restart BIOS password on PROBOOK 440 G4
- 11/20/18--00:38: controller ide ata/atapi
- 11/20/18--00:40: ORIGINAL SOFTWARE
- 11/20/18--01:54: HP Hotkey UWP Service
- 11/20/18--03:16: Is it possible to shut off the Thunderbolt G2 power button?
- 11/20/18--05:57: Getting Windows back
- 11/20/18--09:05: Driver issue Port_#0004.Hub_#0002 unknown device
- 11/20/18--09:35: Can this laptop download and play sims 4?
- 11/20/18--12:25: Laptop won't charge unless off
- 11/20/18--15:35: Keyboard buttons not working
- 11/20/18--19:53: Locked keyboard
- 11/20/18--20:47: Deleting Previous Version of Windows
Hi HP community,
I have 2 questions regarding HP manufacturer warranty/Care Pack as I am planning to buy HP Omen 15 from Currys.
1) If I buy the laptop from Currys and something goes wrong, can I deal directly with HP regarding warranty or does it need to be through Currys? Is it as simple as buying from Currys, registering the product with HP and getting all benefits of HP warranty?
2) If I buy the laptop from Currys, am I still eligible for HP Care Pack warranty extension to 2 or 3 years or are there any limitations?
Thank you in advance for any help on the above. I appreciate I might have posted it into the wrong section but none seemed appropriate, apologies.
Anyone help me with removing bios password ?
I don’t have a recovery cd, my laptop goes no further than after I sign in with my password, it completely freezes and goes back and forth to a black screen. I can’t afford a new one or to get it fixed. I don’t know what to do, it’s the only laptop I have.
Does anyone have another source for the ProtectSmart software SP71811? I get a "file not found" error when downloading it from HP's FTP server (https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71811.exe), and it's been missing for three days now.
Is this model has a keyboard back lite?
If yes how can I turn on it?
Error: There was a problem while recording please try again.
Hi, can I program a shortcut/speed key to insert a string of text eg my email address?
Hi all, sorry if is somewhat of a redundant question, but this questios was not made yet for my notebook model.
This is a : Pavilion hp 15-ab004la Notebook
Running : Windows 10 64
I cloned my old HDD on a SSD and it works good as far, but now I would like to get the maximum advantage of my SSD.
it is possible to enable the AHCI mode in my actual HP Pavilion model from the bios?. I can't find the option and I don't know if it's because my BIOS version or it's a limitation of my mother board.
I'll really apreciate your kind aswer. Regards!
I need to reset my laptop, but cannot remember the BIOS password
model: probook 440 g4
UUID : 0A2189BF-FF00-014A-816A-4B9260BB2D01
Salve,chiedo aiuto al forum.
Dopo una installazione pulita di win 10 64 bit,ho un dubbio su driver controller ide ata/atapi.
Attualmente mi trovo sul mio pc amd sata controller e non risulta e non si trova standard sata ahci controller.
E' possibile installare sul mio notebook HP 255 G2,cpu amd e1-2100 apu,standard sata ahci controller?Se la risposta è si,dove posso trovarlo?
Ho cercato driver standard sata ahci controller su assistenza hp ed anche ricerca profonda su google chrome,ma non sono riuscito a trovarlo.
Grazie a qualsiasi aiuto.
NEED TO FINE RECOVERY SOFTWARE FOR MY LAPTOP HP PAVILION G7-1150US
Hi before I login to my computer there is a message dialog that says
HP Hotkey UWP Service
Error: HP Software Framework is not installed in the system
Please download and install from the link -
Note: Restart system after installation
Can someone explain what this means?
If I simply close the dialog without installing, login, my computer behaves normally.
I have a new Elitebook 840 G5 connected to a Thunderbolt dock G2. I find it very annoying that a simple touch on the power button on the G2 makes my laptop shut down immediately. I will never shut down my computer in that way deliberately and I have already managed to shut down the computer by mistake while connecting and disconnecting cables to the G2.
Is there a way to shut off the power button on the G2 or change its funcationality (perhaps to enter sleep mode instead)?
My laptop went through some things and in order to fix it the motherboard was changed (years ago). Everything else works as good as new except for windows. I re-installed/re-downloaded it and ever since then I constantly have a blue screen telling me to activate windows. I used Microsoft's phone activation and they tell me that I need to have the Oem unlocked but I have no idea how to do that. I have the product key but it tells me that its the wrong one. And since my warranty expired there is no one that I could directly get answers from. How do I get Windows back. I dont care if its 8, 8.1, or 10.
Can I purchase just a new product key or do i have to be an entire new windows installation?
I am having an issue with one particular driver on my HP EliteBook 840 G3. Please see below screenshots for more information. Based on this information, is there a direct link to the driver you can provide me? Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.
I was wondering if your HP 15-bs199sa laptop would be able to download and play Sims 4 from an origin account?
So I plugged my laptop in to charge and it wasnt charging even though my power strip was on and everything was plugged in fine. I tried it in another power strip and same deal. The weirder part is that it shows the white charging light like how it does when it's still plugged in and the battery is full except that its not full and not charging. I took the battery out and put it back in and when I do that (so it's off) then the orange light is on and it charges. This makes no sense to me and I have no idea why this is happening. Yesterday it was totally fine. Please help I'm a student and literally can't be without my computer.
Can some one provide me the guidance my latop details are below
My laptop specification
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Prod no # C0P15PA#ACJ
Serial no # 
Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit
Issue on my laptop keyboard some of the keys are not working, I am currently in USA to repair or change the keyboard which shop do the installation of new board and let us know whether i can able to do it from my end.
Also,Provide me which keyboard will suite to my laptop model.
Pls guide me someone
my keyboard is locked on my HP pavillion windows 10. The cat touched something and locked it for me. The mouse works, but not the keyboard. Restarting has not helped. Any ideas?
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000281 EndHTML:000026044 StartFragment:000025235 EndFragment:000025862 StartSelection:000025235 EndSelection:000025858 SourceURL:https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Deleting-Previous-Version-of-Windows/td-p/6241904Deleting Previous Version of Windows - HP Support Community - 6241904
I accepted the upgrade to Windows 10 on my HP Stream 11 notebook a few months ago. Unfortunately, I can't delete the previous version of windows, which is taking up a lot of space and slowing things down. I keep being told that I need to be an administrator to delete it -- I am the administrator. I have tried to delete it via Disk Cleanup and by navigating to the folder via Windows Explorer and attempting to delete it. Neither works.
I read that this version should have just disappeared a month after upgrading. Obviously it has not.
I would appreciate some help!